Monday, November 23, 2015

Three Things November


Ah, I can't believe that November is almost over! It'll be Christmas and then 2016 before we know it! I definitely have some things that I want to finish before the end of the year but for now, here's a look at some of the things that have been keeping me busy in November.


I've been dipping my toes in some new creative endeavors lately. If you follow me on Instagram, you'll have seen these Bible journaling pages. Above are three of my favorites so far.

1. Let all that you do be done in love. 1 Cor. 16:14
2. The Character of Stephen Acts 6
3. Love your neighbor as yourself. Lev. 19:18


My other creative outlet lately has been adult coloring! So relaxing! I like to do it in the evening to relax and unwind while watching tv. There is something that makes me feel good when I color inside of the lines.

1. Coloring supplies-colored pencils and water color pencils
2. Coloring books-Color the Psalms and Today is Going to Be a Great Day
3. Two finished coloring pages


Since doing Project 333 and starting the Konmari Method, I've been focusing on getting rid of things rather than shopping but I've had the shopping bug lately. My closet has definitely shrunk and my hubby has lost a ton of weight this year and needed some new clothes so we decided to plan a shopping weekend. Floridians must love to shop because we had quite a few outlet malls to choose from for our adventure. We ended up going to one in Orlando and then hitting up Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney). Above are a few of my favorite purchases.

1. A gorgeous 50s appropriate dress from White House Black Market
2. An abstract floral print Fossil purse
3. Disney scarves-one Star Wars and one hidden Mickey

I was really happy with these and my other purchases. I've been keeping a list of wardrobe wants so I can be strategic about growing my wardrobe so it won't get out of hand again. I'm really big on quality so I'm willing to acquire things slowly, save up for key pieces and shop around for deals on good brands so I can afford quality things. I was very happy that I didn't get distracted!


On the sewing front, I'm still definitely in refashion mode. It's been great to get to wear improved versions of things I loved but didn't quite work. These are the next few projects I'm planning on doing.

1. Take in yellow Bernie Dexter Dress (too big)
2. Super hero apron for the hubby
3. Re-refashion rose print polka dot skirt since it came out too big

5 comments:

  1. I love that you are doing these journalings. Very fun, creative, inspiriting, heartfelt and definitely you. : )

    PS: that Apron is going to be Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I adore adult coloring books I've found ever so many on amazon after reading the opulent poppy's blog she has colored some great flower coloring books and had a few framed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to learn to Bible journal I just never know where to start. At the moment I am reading through the book of Psalm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I start with a verse I really like or a quote from a bible study or sermon or a stamp or sticker I really like and go from there. I have a lot of supplies from when I used to scrapbook so that makes it easier. There are some really good facebook groups if you are looking for inspiration. This lady has some really cool tutorials: http://www.rebekahrjones.com/ And the Illustrated Faith blog is inspiring too.http://www.illustratedfaith.com/

      Delete
  4. Your Bible journaling is really beautiful. I've been wanting to get into colouring books lately, too, but haven't bought one yet. I think that I fear, as with most crafts/hobbies in recent years, I simply won't have time for it (sad, in a way, believe me, I know). I realize that the argument could me made that perhaps it would be the gateway to such time, but knowing myself and my super busy life, I tend to doubt it. Still, that sounds far more pessimistic than I mean for it, too, and I bet I will buy a colouring book or two at some point - and hopefully use them!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete