Monday, March 16, 2015

Wardrobe Architect: Weeks 3 & 4

I'm working my way through the Coletterie's Wardrobe Architect project. If you missed the first post, start here.

*********

The projects for weeks 3 & 4 of this project are very related and didn't require nearly as much brain power as weeks 1 or 2 so I've decided to lump them together. Week 3 was about determining what shapes I enjoy wearing and look good on me. There was a pretty cool looking chart to fill out, but I'm just going to summarize here.

Ease: I tend to like more fitted garments rather than less fitted. Except for pants. I love a wide legged pant.

Length: I like knee length to midcalf length skirts the best. I do want to try more maxi styles though. (Florida makes maxi dresses look awesome.)  For tops, I prefer shorter tops but not cropped or midriff bearing tops.

Fullness: I like all fullnesses of skirts but a-line to somewhat full the best. I also like straight or wide legged pants. No skinnies!

Waistline: I like a high to mid waistline. No surprises here.

Week 4 was on building silhouettes from the shapes from week 3. Looking back on week 2, I kind of already saw a pattern evolving plus I did already know what shapes I really liked. So here's what I came up with.


A great fitting pair of trousers and blouse with a jacket or cardigan for shape. Also add in a fun bag and shoes.


 A cute dress with some what full skirt and a fitted bodice. Add a jacket if necessary. This is were I'm hoping for some vintage cross over. A cute 40s dress with a slightly fuller skirt than average or a 50s dress with a less full skirt than average would be really cute here.


Shorts are a must for summer! I want to make some more high waisted shorts since my current ones need replaced but I think in the Florida summer, I'll need some modern shorts as well. The same blouses and cardigans from my pant silhouettes would also fit well in this category.

2 comments:

  1. We're fans of many of the same cuts and lengths. I too prefer fitted garments, save for pants, and generally gravitate to midi-length skirts and dresses first and foremost.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I got most of my modern shorts at Bealls down there. :)

    ReplyDelete