Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Saturday Morning Adventures

My Saturday morning started off by seeing a post about an estate sale on Facebook. Despite the fact that it had already been open for several hours by the time I got there, it was quite nice. I wasn't sure what to expect since it was my first estate sale but I really had a really nice time talking talking to some of the daughters of the lady whose home the sale was at.

My big score was some darling vintage gloves.


Orangey coral


A darling light brown with cut out details at the wrist.


Navy blue with darling little buckles.


This black pair has the most adorable scalloped and embroidered details at the wrist.


And a pair of long dark brown gloves.

I had a lovely time chatting with the ladies. They even showed me their mom's gorgeous wedding dress and the most amazing velvet bathing suit! This is why I love vintage! It helps keep a connection with the past alive.


Post estate sale, we stopped by Fazoli's. Nom nom nom. It just happens to be located right next to a thrift store so we popped in. I found this lovely vintage pale pink blouse. I think it's late 50s/early 60s but it's just too cute! I also found a green belt, which I've been looking for for a while.

7 comments:

  1. Jealous of the gloves! Since my Boyfriend is working all day on the fourth, I figured I would go thrifting! Hope I luck out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be still my vintage glove loving heart, what an awesome array you found! I've yet to come across an estate sale with pre-60s vintage, but hopefully one day! Thanks for sharing your elegant new treasures with us - I hope you have more great luck on the yard/estate sale front this summer.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's thanks to you that I finally got the confidence to wear some gloves! You always look so styling in yours. <3

      Delete
  3. Oh gurl, I am an estate sale fanatic! Being a teacher and having my summers free, I go every Friday morning. Sometimes it's good, sometimes not but I ALWAYS find something. What a great score!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE love love your gloves! What a score!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like loads of fun. I have never been to an estate sale, only yard/garage sales. Speaking of thirfting, I need to stop in our local goodwill soon to see what kind of goodies they have.

    ReplyDelete