Friday, January 25, 2013

30s Wool for Winter

When it is not going to get above 20F all day and you have to be in a building with no central heat, dressing warm is a must!


So out came my 1930s me made skirt and cape set!


It's Eva Dress SE30-1399 that I made last year for the Eva Dress Contest.


Alas, my yellow sweater is too big now since I was only half way through my weight loss when I made it last year. So I paired it with a green sweater and vintage green velvet beret.


I also got some new boots! They have a faux fur lining and are so warm!


I did attempt to wave my hair but I think I took it out before it was dry so it didn't take.


The whole ensemble kept me very cozy!


I love this cape! :D

12 comments:

  1. I love the cape. I really need to get round to making one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable!!! I love the cape-its stunning!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Show-stoppingly fantastic ensemble!


    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! I never thought of wearing capes inside like a light jacket. Did it get in your way while doing things?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit difficult to eat in. I had a buffet style lunch and I kept having to push it out of the way to keep it from dragging in things but other than that it was not too intrusive.

      Delete
  5. Cute outfit! I love the cape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very chic, what a fabulous make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stylish outfit. The green looks super paired with the rust.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit and voted my fingers off for you in the Eva Dress contest. You look smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just adore this outfit...and capes in general I might add. You colour and cut of this combo is wonderful on you, I especially like the lapel. xx Shauna

    ReplyDelete