Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Spring Stash Busting

Although life has been school, school, school lately, my brain has been thinking extra about sewing to make up for not getting to actually sew much. So here's a peak of what's been floating around in my brain and some in real life. And as a plus, it's all stash busting! Woot!


 I'm dubbing this dress the ice cream social dress. It's from this 1940s pattern:


The twill has pink and black pinstripes and makes me feel like I should have an ice cream cone in one hand.


This darling pink fabric needs to be a Wearing History Smooth Sailing blouse. So 30s!


I have this chartreuse linen/linen look fabric and I can't decide if I like it or not. I think it might look interesting in this 40s Butterick reprint but I've not decided. I need some opinions. The photo color is pretty close to the actual color of the fabric.

I've also whipped up another stash busting back button blouse and I've got another one waiting in the wings. And Wearing History's Chic Ahoy pattern is in the works. I just need a trip to Jo-Ann's for a few things. I'm super excited about my stash busting progress. There is actually starting to be a bit of space in my fabric drawers! *gasp* At this rate I'll be at a nice, reasonable sized stash in no time.

1 comment:

  1. Well, about the color, I'm not a big fan, but that's just my personal preference. If you like the color, then I say go ahead and make that frock!

    ReplyDelete