Friday, September 10, 2010

Sewing is fun!

Here are some long overdue photos of my Renaissance dress. I've been working long and hard and it's coming together!


The dress!

The collar turned out really nice but it was way more complicated that I thought it would be.

Here are the sleeves, which I finished tonight. Tomorrow, I'll tackle attaching them to the dress. I read over the pattern directions and it looks kind of complicated.

So pretty! I'm totally in love with my fabric choices.

Besides attaching the sleeves, I have to put in grommets for a lace up back. The pattern calls for a zipper but I didn't want to do that. I'd like to be mostly period. Last, of course, is the hemming, which will be interesting. I'm going to have to enlist my hubby's help and I know it took a long time the last time I hemmed a dress with this much fabric. Hopefully, I'll be mostly finished by the end of the weekend, but I'll have some time during the week encase I run into serious issues tomorrow.

Hope you are all having a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I used to sew a LOT of renaissance and Elizabethan dresses, corsets, farthingales, etc. Fun!! One of my favorite sites for historically accurate costuming info is
    http://www.elizabethancostume.net/
    do post pics when you're done!!

    ReplyDelete